This chapter lists general problems that may occur when using Aba Search and Replace. The answers to specific questions (such as using regular expressions) are located in the corresponding chapters.
There is some text in the file, but I cannot find it with Aba.
I see some strange symbols instead of letters.
I get the Too many matches message.
- If you have enough physical memory, increase the limit on the number of matches.
- Try to use a more specific pattern.
I have done a wrong replacement and want to correct it.
The Replace button is disabled.
- The search is still in progress (in this case, the status bar reads “Searching...”).
- An error happened during the search (in this case, results pane displays the error message).
- The search was paused because there was too many matches found (the status bar reads “Too many matches found”).
- You have not selected any occurrences to replace (i.e., all checkboxes are clear). If you have pressed the Clear All button, you need to select some occurrences to start the replacement.
The Options button is disabled.
- The search is still in progress. You can stop the search by clearing the Search for field.