This chapter lists general problems that may occur when using Aba Search and Replace. Answers to specific questions (such as regular expressions or command-line parameters) are located in the corresponding chapters.
There is some text in the file, but I cannot find it with Aba.
I see some strange symbols instead of letters.
I get the Too many matches message.
- If you have enough physical memory, increase the limit on the number of matches.
- Try to use a more specific pattern.
I have done a wrong replacement and want to correct it.
The Replace button is disabled.
- The search is still in progress (in this case, the status bar reads “Searching...”).
- An error happened during the search (in this case, the results pane displays the error message).
- The search was paused because there were too many matches found (the status bar reads “Too many matches found”).
- You have not selected any occurrences to replace (i.e., all checkboxes are clear). If you have pressed the Clear All button, you need to select some occurrences to start the replacement.
The Options button is disabled.
- The search is still in progress. You can stop the search by clearing the Search for field.
This is a page from Aba Search and Replace help file.
- Welcome to Aba
- Getting started
- How-to guides
- Selecting the files to search in
- Inserting some text at the beginning of each file
- Replacing multiple lines of text
- Searching in Unicode files
- Replacing in binary files
- Performing operations with the found files
- Undoing a replacement
- Saving search parameters for further use
- Removing private data
- Adding or removing Aba from Explorer context menu
- Integrating Aba with Total Commander
- Integrating Aba with Free Commander
- Integrating Aba with Directory Opus
- Regular Expressions
- User interface
- Command line
- Version history