Integrating Aba with Total Commander
Aba Search and Replace can be integrated with Total Commander, the file manager by Christian Ghisler.
In Total Commander, click Start menu > Change Start Menu. Add a new menu item, then choose Aba executable file for the command and
"%P" for the parameter. Select a shortcut key for Aba, for example, Ctrl+Alt+F7, which is easy to remember because of its similarity to built-in search (Alt+F7). Click OK to save the changes in your menu.
Now you can press the chosen keyboard shortcut in the file panel, and Aba window will appear.
In Total Commander 7.0, you can also run Aba for the selected files and folders. Use
"%P" %S as the parameter. You may wish to select a different shortcut for this case, because if no files are selected, Total Commander will use the filename under cursor, not the path of the current folder.
This is a page from Aba Search and Replace help file.
- Welcome to Aba
- Getting started
- How-to guides
- Selecting the files to search in
- Inserting some text at the beginning of each file
- Replacing multiple lines of text
- Searching in Unicode files
- Replacing in binary files
- Performing operations with found files
- Undoing the replacement
- Saving search parameters for further use
- Removing private data
- Adding or removing Aba from Explorer context menu
- Integrating Aba with Total Commander
- Regular Expressions
- User interface
- Version history