What do users say
I've been using Aba Search And Replace for just three hours now, and already I have saved, quite easily, 20-25 hours worth of work I would have had to do without the use of your program. I really appreciate you for creating such a simple and useful tool.
This is a very well-written search / search-and-replace utility. Lean, exceptionally fast, easy to use. This was one of those utilities that I don't normally need, but after checking out the website and features, even though there are freeware offerings, this was well worth the purchase just to have available. The incremental search speed is astonishing.
Your “search-as-you-type” interface and UTF-8 matching should be known more widely. I use Japanese, English, and Arabic in my html files and no other software satisfied me. It is not easy to use regular expressions in general, but search-as-you-type function helps to set regular expression codes easily.
Kazuki Shimomura, Japan
Replacing text in several files used to be a tedious and error-prone task. Aba Search and Replace solves the problem, allowing you to correct errors on your web pages, replace banners and copyright notices, change method names, and perform other text-processing tasks.
- Incremental search: the results are displayed immediately as you are typing the text to search for.
- Multi-line search and replace.
- Regular expression support including lookaround, non-greedy matching, and other advanced features.
- Replace in Unicode files (UTF-8, UTF-16).
- Preview before replacement: other tools require confirmation for each replacement, while Aba shows the list of replacements in context. You can review the list and confirm the changes at once.
- Undo for any replacement.
- Search history and favorites.
- Syntax highlight for regular expressions, HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP files.
- Integration with Windows Explorer and Total Commander.
- Context-sensitive help, references and tutorial included.
For web designers:
- changing headers, menus, meta tags, footers, copyright notices, and other repetitive elements of your web pages;
- adding registered trademark sign (®, ™) to every occurrence of your product name;
- cleaning the output of an automated conversion tool (for example, a PDF to HTML converter).
- inserting a header with the author name, copyrights, etc. to the beginning of each source code file;
- renaming a class, method, or function and even adding or removing method parameters.
September 5, 2021. Aba 2.4 was released. New features include support for 4K monitors and very long paths (longer than 260 characters). German, Italian, French, and Spanish translations are available.
October 10, 2021. Aba 2.4.1. Fixed the \n escape sequence in the replacement string. Many thanks to the user who reported the bug.
January 8, 2022. Which special characters must be escaped in regular expressions?