This is a page from Aba Search and Replace help file.
- Welcome to Aba
- Getting started
- How-to guides
- Selecting the files to search in
- Inserting some text at the beginning of each file
- Replacing multiple lines of text
- Searching in Unicode files
- Replacing in binary files
- Performing operations with found files
- Undoing the replacement
- Saving search parameters for further use
- Removing private data
- Adding or removing Aba from Explorer context menu
- Integrating Aba with Total Commander
- Regular Expressions
- User interface
- Version history
Match, occurrence. A piece of text found with Aba. When you search for a phrase, the program finds several occurrences of the phrase in your files. The matches are shown in the results pane.
Regular expression. A pattern for text matching. See What is a regular expression.
Metacharacter.An element of your regular expression. Metacharacters include such symbols as [ ] $ ^ etc.
Search pattern, phrase. The text that you want to search for. The search pattern can be one word, a phrase, or a regular expression. It can span several lines, include letters, numbers, and special characters.
File mask. The filename specification that can include special symbols (wildcards):
* for any number of characters,
? for any character.