Aba 2.6 released
25 Dec 2023
This version adds the following features:
- complex replacements including converting the matching text to lowercase, inserting the file name, or adding width/height attributes to <img> tags (now you can use a simple scripting language in the replacements);
- a 64-bit version (if needed, you still can choose a 32-bit version during installation);
- a new hotkey: the left/right arrow key to quickly jump to the next/previous file (when the results pane is focused);
- the taskbar button now flashes when a long operation is complete;
- basic support for emojis (ZWJ sequences and skin tones are displayed as separate characters).
Just as always, the upgrade is free for the registered users; your settings and search history will be preserved when you run the installer.
If you have any suggestions for new features, please contact me. I will be happy to implement your ideas.
Replacing text in several files used to be a tedious and error-prone task. Aba Search and Replace solves the problem, allowing you to correct errors on your web pages, replace banners and copyright notices, change method names, and perform other text-processing tasks.
This is a blog about Aba Search and Replace, a tool for replacing text in multiple files.
- Regular Expressions 101
- Regular expression for numbers
- Aba 2.6 released
- Search from the Windows command prompt
- Aba 2.5 released
- Our response to the war in Ukraine
- Check VAT ID with regular expressions and VIES
- Which special characters must be escaped in regular expressions?
- Aba 2.4 released
- Review of Aba Search and Replace with video
- Aba 2.2 released
- Discount on Aba Search and Replace
- Using search and replace to rename a method
- Cleaning the output of a converter
- Aba 2.1 released
- How to replace HTML tags using regular expressions
- Video trailer for Aba
- Aba 2.0 released