Aba 2.5 released
11 Dec 2022
The new features in this version include:
- Search and replace from the command line
- Skip subdirectories when searching (click the Browse button and uncheck Include subdirectories)
- Sorting the search results by path, filename, extension, modification date, or file size.
- Escape sequences and character classes inside the character lists, e.g.
[\d\s]to find a digit, a space, or a newline.
- Fixed multiple bugs including encoding detection in very short files and searching for the replacement character U+FFFD (many thanks to Joe). Also fixed incorrect search in files slightly larger than 4 GB.
- Now relative paths are displayed instead of absolute ones in the search results.
The upgrade is free for the registered users. Just download the installer and run it; your settings and search history will be preserved.
Replacing text in several files used to be a tedious and error-prone task. Aba Search and Replace solves the problem, allowing you to correct errors on your web pages, replace banners and copyright notices, change method names, and perform other text-processing tasks.
This is a blog about Aba Search and Replace, a tool for replacing text in multiple files.
- Search from the Windows command prompt
- Aba 2.5 released
- Our response to the war in Ukraine
- Check VAT ID with regular expressions and VIES
- Which special characters must be escaped in regular expressions?
- Aba 2.4 released
- Review of Aba Search and Replace with video
- Aba 2.2 released
- Discount on Aba Search and Replace
- Using search and replace to rename a method
- Cleaning the output of a converter
- Aba 2.1 released
- How to replace HTML tags using regular expressions
- Video trailer for Aba
- Aba 2.0 released