Aba 2.0 released
25 Oct 2011
After a month of beta testing, I released Aba 2.0. The new features in this version include:
- Added syntax highlight for context viewer and for regular expressions.
- Implemented search history and favorites.
- Now you can undo a replacement if you have started another search or closed the program (undo information is saved in a dedicated folder).
- An editor or a viewer can be called for the selected file.
- When search or replacement is finished, the program notifies you by playing a sound.
- Visual styles and Windows 7 taskbar are now supported.
- When you edit the Replace with field, the search is not restarted (except when needed).
- Non-greedy matches are faster than they were in the previous version.
Many thanks to the beta testers: Kyle Alons, Massimiliano Tiraboschi, and JJS. Without your help, I would never find some tricky bugs :)
Unfortunately, German and Italian translations are still unfinished, but I'm waiting for response from our translators.
This is a blog about Aba Search and Replace, a tool for replacing text in multiple files.
- Review of Aba Search and Replace with video
- Aba 2.2 released
- Discount on Aba Search and Replace
- Using search and replace to rename a method
- Cleaning the output of a converter
- Aba 2.1 released
- How to replace HTML tags using regular expressions
- Video trailer for Aba
- Aba 2.0 released